Cycle To Work Scheme
Tax free bikes supplied for cycling to work schemes
If your company is part of a cycle to work scheme you could be eligible to save either 32% or 42% on bikes, parts and accessories. We are signed up to various cycle to work schemes, including Cyclescheme, CyclePlus, Bikes for the NHS and Bike2Work Scheme.
Please note, we do not accept Halfords cycle to work scheme vouchers.
All of our staff are trained in how the cycle to work scheme works and will be more than happy to help you with any queries you may have. All products can be supplied through BroadribbCycles.co.uk or any of our Broadribb Cycles Stores.
The usual process from start to finish is as follows:
- Request a quotation - fill in the form at the bottom of this page and we will send you back an official quotation via email that you can use to apply for the cycle to work scheme.
- Request your voucher/certificate - your employer will be able to instruct you how to request your certificate, as its dependent on which cycle to work scheme provider they have set up with.
- Wait for authorisation - your employer will work behind the scenes with the cycle to work scheme provider to authorise your application.
- Receive your voucher/certificate - you will receive a certificate via email or post which confirms that you are able to collect the bike you have chosen. Once you have received this forward it on via email to us along with a copy of your photo ID.
- Await delivery or arrange to collect in store - as soon as we receive the certificate we will process the information and send you your order. If you have selected to collect the order from one of our stores, a build charge may apply. You can read about the build charges on our Bike Builds page.
Bike Deposit Scheme
We operate an optional deposit scheme which ensures that the bike you have chosen is reserved for you until your voucher/certificate arrives. Whilst we process your application immediately, on average a cycle to work application take 2-3 weeks due to the admin between your employer and the cycle to work scheme provider, so we strongly recommend using this option. The deposit is refundable as soon as we receive your voucher/certificate.
Due to admin charges that we are charged by cycle to work schemes providers, all discounted products on our web site attract an 11% uplift in price. If the uplift increases the price above retail price, then we return the product to the original retail price. This does not apply to full priced products.
- A £600.00 bike discounted to £400.00 would attract 11% (£44.00) uplift to £444.00.
- The cycle to work scheme savings would then apply to this price of £444.00.
- A saving of 32% or 42% can be achieved depending on whether you are a lower or higher tax rate payer, so the total saving from £444.00 would be as follows:
- Lower tax rate payer saves £141.69 and pays £302.31 from their wages
- Higher tax rate payer saves £185.97 and pays £258.03 from their wages
To receive an official quotation, please use the form below to apply. If you already have your cycle to work scheme voucher/certificate please complete the form too but put a note to let us know this.